Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Survived Jury Duty

Bet you were wondering what happened to me, huh? Well, I just recovered from my latest round
of jury duty. Don't get me wrong, I am one of those strange people who actually enjoys her civic
responsibility, but eight hours of waiting to even be considered for a panel, is a bit much. I also
had the great pleasure of going to work after the torture. FUN!!!!! Then, when all was said and done, when all of the jury panel got themselves pumped for the start of the trial, the case is
dropped.AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! That feels better. So, what's a girl to do? Go to the movies!
I went to see the latest X-Files movie, and being the die-hard fan I am, enjoyed every minute
of it. X-Fileholics got the movie because it was a longer, more intense X-File episode, but those
walking in cold, and unfamiliar with the series will probably find it lacking. I would suggest to
people who have never watched the show to invest and purchase the season three box set to
understand the way the X-Files thinks and reacts to what is happening in reality. Sure, it
exaggerates the truth, but the stories are derived from true stories. As the old saying goes,
"THE TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION." More later, Peace!

No comments: